If you can’t get your phone to charge in the computer, there are a variety of reasons why it could be happening. While this seems like a simple solution, it’s actually much more complicated than just plugging in a cord and having it work. Here are some things you can try if you’re having trouble charging your phone from your computer:
Try Using A Different Charger Or Cable
- Try using a different charger or cable.
- If you have another cable, try using that to charge your phone. If it works, then you know the original one is broken.
- If you have another USB port on your computer, try plugging into that instead of the one near the mouse and keyboard (if there’s one available). This can help if there are other issues with those ports that are causing problems for charging.
Try Using A Different Port
If your computer does not charge your phone using the same port, try to use a different one. You may have to go through every single port that you have before finding one that works. Many computers have more than one USB port, so try all of them if necessary.
If you don’t have any other ports, consider purchasing a USB hub and connecting it to your computer instead of directly connecting the phone to the computer itself. This will ensure that there is no issue with any specific port on your computer and allow for more flexibility in where you can place your smartphone while charging it.
Update Your Device Drivers
You’ll want to make sure you have the latest device drivers installed on your computer. Device drivers are the software that tell your computer how to communicate with a piece of hardware, such as your charger or phone. If you have old or outdated device drivers, they could be causing problems and Windows won’t be able to charge your phone.
To update device drivers, go to the manufacturer’s website and download their latest version. For example, if you’re using an iPhone 8 or newer model then go here: Apple Support Downloads > Download all updates for macOS High Sierra (10.13) > Download all updates for macOS High Sierra 10.3.
Try Another USB Device
- If you’re using a USB hub, try plugging the phone into one of the ports directly.
- If you’ve tried all of the above, try a different charging cable.
- Make sure that your computer is on and plugged in.
- Try another port on your computer or check if there’s an issue with it. If it works when connected to another port, then it’s probably okay; if not then you may want to contact tech support for further assistance.The same goes for different wall outlets—you might have some type of grounding issue or power surge somewhere nearby which is preventing them from working properly.If nothing helps and/or you’re still having problems getting enough power through via USB alone (e.g., it takes longer than expected), then we recommend checking out our article on how best charge smartphones using their respective cables!
Turn Off Fastboot
In order to install a custom ROM or root your phone, you’ll need to access fastboot. Fastboot is a tool used to modify your phone’s operating system. You can think of it as a way for your computer to communicate with the phone and make changes to it.
To use fastboot on your computer, you’ll need:
- A USB cable that came with the phone or tablet in question (or any other USB cable that matches)
- An up-to-date version of ADB (Android Debug Bridge) installed on your computer
In most cases, if your phone is not charging when connected to a computer, you can determine the cause by troubleshooting any of the issues above. We hope this article has helped you to solve the problem on your own instead of having to take it in for repairs or replacement. If all else fails and none of these solutions work for you then please contact us so that we can help figure out what might be causing this issue!