The PS4 Gold Wireless Headset has gained popularity among gamers for its impressive audio quality, sleek design, and ease of use. While this stereo headset is primarily built for the PlayStation 4 console, many users also want to utilize it with their PCs. However, some users have reported difficulty getting the headset to work correctly on a computer. In this article, we cover possible solutions to fix the PS4 Gold Headset not working on a PC issue.
1. Using the Correct USB Dongle
The PS4 Gold Headset operates wirelessly through a USB dongle that connects to your computer or PS4. Ensure that you are using the official USB dongle, as generic or non-official dongles may not work correctly.
2. Update Your Headset’s Firmware
Keeping your PS4 Gold Headset’s firmware up-to-date can resolve compatibility issues with your PC. To update the headset firmware, follow these steps:
- Download the official Headset Companion App on your PS4.
- Connect your headset to the PS4 using the provided USB cable.
- Open the Companion App, and it should detect any available updates for your headset.
3. Check Your Computer’s Audio Settings
For your PS4 Gold Headset to work correctly on your PC, ensure the appropriate audio settings are selected:
- Connect your headset’s USB dongle to your computer.
- Right-click the speaker icon in the taskbar and select “Sound Settings.”
- Under “Choose your output device,” select the PS4 Gold Headset.
- Open the “Device properties” tab and uncheck the “Disable all sound effects” box.
- Adjust the audio level as desired.
4. Enable PlayStation Support on Steam
If you’re attempting to use the PS4 Gold Headset while playing games on Steam, enable PlayStation Support in Steam Big Picture Mode:
- Launch Steam and click on the “Big Picture Mode” icon in the top right corner.
- Navigate to “Settings” and then “Controller Settings.”
- Check the box titled “PlayStation Configuration Support.”
- Steam should now recognize the PS4 Gold Headset as an audio device.
5. Test the PS4 Gold Headset on Another Device
To eliminate the possibility of a hardware defect, try using your PS4 Gold Wireless headset on a different device, such as a PlayStation 4 console or another PC. If the headset still doesn’t function correctly, you may have a faulty unit and should contact PlayStation Support.
6. Reinstall Audio Drivers
Outdated or corrupt audio drivers can cause issues with audio devices like the PS4 Gold Headset. Updating or reinstalling your audio drivers might fix the problem. Check your computer manufacturer’s website or use Windows Device Manager to update your audio drivers.
By following these steps, you should have a good chance of resolving any issues with the PS4 Gold Headset not working on your PC. Focusing on connectivity, firmware updates, and audio settings should make your gaming experience seamless and enjoyable.