Have you ever wondered how Instagram sorts your followers? In this insightful blog post, we’ll explore the inner workings of Instagram’s algorithm and how it determines the order of your followers. Discover the factors that influence this sorting process and learn how to leverage this knowledge to improve your Instagram presence and engagement. Let’s dive into the world of Instagram follower sorting!
What is Instagram?
Instagram is a social media platform that allows users to share photos and videos, as well as apply filters to their images. It was acquired by Facebook in 2012 and has since become one of the most popular apps on the market. The app has more than 1 billion active monthly users worldwide, with over 800 million people using it daily. In fact, Instagram has more than twice as many active users as Twitter does!
What Does It Mean to Have Followers on Instagram?
Instagram followers are people who follow you on Instagram. The more followers you have, the more popular your account is considered to be.
Having a large number of followers gives brands an opportunity to engage with their target audience and expand their reach across multiple platforms. It also helps them build credibility as they can show off how many people like their content or products by sharing posts from their pages with their followers’ friends lists (i.e., through hashtags).
While having a large number of followers may seem like an obvious goal for any business owner or influencer looking to grow their brand online, there are some things that need to be considered before going after this metric alone:
How Does Instagram Sort Followers?
Instagram uses an algorithm to sort your followers. The algorithm is a complex system that uses a variety of factors to determine how you and your followers are sorted, but it’s not as simple as just looking at the number of likes or comments you get on your posts.
The factors influencing this sorting include:
- Your engagement (likes, comments) – The more engagement you get from other users, the higher up in their list they’ll be able to find you!
- How often people interact with your content – If someone sees one of your photos and likes it right away, Instagram assumes that person is interested in seeing more from you and puts them closer to the top of their feed where they can easily find new updates from accounts like yours.
What Are the Different Types of Followers?
There are three types of Followers on Instagram:
- Organic Followers – These are people who have chosen to follow your account because they like your content and want to see more of it.
- Paid Followers – These are accounts that were created specifically for the purpose of following other accounts, and they may or may not be real people. They’re often used as a way to boost engagement or follower count, but they can also be used by brands as an advertising tool (more on this later). In general, we recommend avoiding paid followers unless you have a very specific reason for wanting them–and if so, only get enough so that your account looks legitimate rather than artificially inflated with fake accounts!
- Targeted Followers – These are people who fit into the target demographic(s) you’ve selected during the setup process for your Instagram account; these will appear in both organic searches and ads served up by third-party companies like ours at Hootsuite Social Media Management Software
How Do You Get More Followers on Instagram?
If you’re looking to grow your Instagram following, the first thing to do is create quality content. This means posting photos and videos that are relevant and interesting to the people who follow you. It also means ensuring that each post is unique in some way–don’t just post the same thing over and over again!
Connecting with other users is another way to increase your follower count on Instagram. You can do this by commenting on their photos or liking their posts as well as reposting them if they’re relevant for your audience. Hashtags are another great way of connecting with others; using hashtags will help get more exposure for your account and make it easier for people who might be interested in following you (or seeing what else you have posted) to find out about it!
How Do You Keep Followers Engaged?
- Posting Consistently
- Responding to Comments
- Creating Engaging Content
How Do You Know Who Is Following You?
Viewing Followers List
Instagram provides a simple way to see who has followed you. When you tap on the “Followers” tab, it will show you a list of everyone who has followed your profile, along with their name and number of followers. If someone is not following back, there will be an X next to their name in order for them not to appear in future searches.
Analyzing Engagement Levels
It’s important to look at more than just how many followers someone has when analyzing engagement levels because some accounts may have thousands more than others but still have low engagement rates due to poor content quality or posting frequency (or both). In order for Instagrammers’ content marketing efforts on this platform be successful over time–and therefore drive traffic back onto their websites–they need high levels of engagement from their audience members so they can build trust within those communities while also increasing brand awareness outside those boundaries too!
How Do You Unfollow People?
There are three ways to manually unfollow people on Instagram:
- Go through your list of followers one by one and tap the “Unfollow” button. This is time-consuming and tedious, but if you’re looking for a way to get rid of those who don’t interest or engage with your account, this will do it.
- Use an automated tool like Instagress or SocialSteeze. These tools allow users to automatically follow people based on certain criteria (such as location), then unfollow them after a set period of time has passed (usually 24 hours). These tools have been banned by Instagram because they violate its terms of service; however, many still exist today in some form or another–just be aware that using them could get your account shut down at any moment!
How Do You Block People?
To block someone from your profile page, go to their profile and tap the gear icon in the top right-hand corner. Then, select Block User from the dropdown menu.
To block someone from a post or story:
- Tap on the post/story that you want to block them from
- Scroll down until you see “Report/Mute” (it looks like two speech bubbles). Tap on this option and then choose “Block This Person”
Understanding how Instagram sorts followers sheds light on the platform’s algorithm and helps you tailor your content strategy for maximum impact. By focusing on engagement, consistency, and quality content, you’ll be well-equipped to navigate the ever-changing landscape of Instagram. Keep adapting and refining your approach to stay ahead in the game and make the most of your Instagram presence.